RE: TRF Nightmare & Credit Card charges

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: TRF Nightmare & Credit Card charges
From: Jim Hill <Jim_Hill@chsra.wisc.edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:20:06 -0500

Larry Miceli wrote:

> IMHO, I have delt with TRF for many years anh have NEVER run into
> anything like this. In fact, when I have had the occassional problem ,
> they even overnighted a part to me, at their expense, so I could get the
> car to a show.
>
> I would call and ask to speak to John Swauger. He should be able to get
> things corrected.

My experience has been the same as Larry's and my advice would be the same.

I've returned parts that I discovered I couldn't use, or that were wrong for
some reason, many months after I'd gotten them - with no question and no
hassle. And without having the bill re-calculated if the return meant that
my original order didn't meet the minimum dollar amount for whatever
discount had been in effect when I sent in the original order.

Backordered items are sometimes a problem, but you can always cancel the
order and go elsewhere. Everything I've ever put on backorder has been
delivered eventually (and there's no shipping charge on backordered
merchandise).

I suspect (and I hope) that the original problem that led to this discussion
was an "insolated isodent"   :-)

Jim Hill
Madison WI