Re: Flame Trap Alternatives

To: <KTRIUMPH@aol.com>, <lbc61tr4@usa.net>
Subject: Re: Flame Trap Alternatives
From: "Brian Sanborn" <sanborn@net1plus.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 19:21:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Paul,

This is what I did.  I had a 62 TR4 with a TR4A engine and a PCV valve the
had not worked in 15 years. The PO had put a cork in the rubber hose.  Real
bad idle control and rough engine.

Thanks to some help from Ken I got back to the open breather setup.  This
stopped a bunch of oil leaking from the main seal because of the positive
pressure in the engine.  The standard rear seal depend on negative pressure
in the engine.

I have an extra valve cover and siphon tube from a junkyard engine I saved
from the crusher.  Let me If you need it.

Brian Sanborn
62 TR4          CT16260L  - Groton,  MA

My TR4 Restoration Web Site
http://www.net1plus.com/users/sanborn/Home.html (Big Update on 6/13/99)