Re: Interesting Day on the lists

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting Day on the lists
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 1999 19:13:36 -0700
Just a brief comment on the recent TRF love/hate thread.... I remember when
I had my first TR3 in 1973:  there were very few sources for parts and not
much in the way of reproduction of non-maintenance items going on.  Oh yeah,
we still had local Triumph dealers then... they got a big kick out of
someone looking for parts for a 15-year-old TR & you could still get TR3
side curtains from the J C Whitney catalog (as I recall they were plexiglass
& rubber!)..

I'm just happy there are such good parts sources now and, as Joe points out,
that they have to compete for our business.  Not a perfect world but a
pretty darn good one for the TR enthusiast.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A