title searching

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: title searching
From: "Fred Thomas" <vafred@erols.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 08:06:05 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spitfires@autox.team.net>
Listers, I have traced my 1931 Ford back to 1947, only S. Carolina is
holding me up from going any futher. If you take the title you recieved when
you bought the car, most have a title number and = previous title # =, with
these numbers you can go to AAA and ask for each state registration
application, and continue the path, all cars in all states must be
registered, some states (N.Y.) at one time only used a bill of sale, but,
they still have registration #'s, just follow the title # from state to
state. I doubt invasion of privacy as everyone is usually happy to talk
about cars they sold or junked. When I dismantled the 31 some years ago, I
found 2 bullet holes that had been braced over in the door & dash/gas tank,
you guessed it, the car had been registered in W. Va. in the early 50'S,
talked to this owners son, he remembered the car very well, and told some
funny tales, its was also owned by a traveling circus at one time in the
late 50's, so when all else fails try the title numbers, very easy.