Re: title searching

To: "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net>, Fred Thomas <vafred@erols.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: title searching
From: larry hooven <dirty_howi@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 10:05:02 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net
actually you can, you just can't do it without the previous person
knowing...the dmv informs the other person that someone is trying to perform a
title search for whatever reason, they then contact that person and ask
permission to release the name and phone number to the searcher...no addy, that
would be up to the searchee to provide...prevents what you describe..and i
don't remember her either...and allows legit people to find out who has owned
thier classic in the past.

--- "Peter S." <alfapete@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Can't do this in California anymore.  A few years ago a stalker located the
> address of a TV show actress and went to her house and shot her dead when
> she opened the door.   Can't remember her name but the show was "My sister
> Sam" and she played the sister of Pam Dawber.  I guess there are too many
> actors actresses etc in Calif.  You'd have to be in the Police to get the
> info.
>
> How many owners has your car had over the years?
> Peter S

=====
larry (I hope someday to Drive my triumph) hooven 1979 spitfire fm99248u,
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Speedway/9311/index.html
"Second place is just the first loser"   -John Force
"A postitive attitude may not solve all of your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort" - herm albright