Re: Changing exhaust manifold question

To: Beth and Ken <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Changing exhaust manifold question
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 14:56:22 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Beth and Ken wrote:

> My GT6+ is my first LBC that shares a gasket for intake and exhaust. Is
> there any way I can legitamately change my exhaust manifold on the same
> gasket...w/o removing the intake and doing a new gasket? Or am I just
> looking for an easy out?

Pretty much the latter! Fact is that removing the exhaust manifold
loosens and removes most of what you need to undo to remove the intake
manifold. They're almost interdependent on each other. And you likely can
move the intake manifold complete (and/or the exhaust manifold) without
disturbing any linkages or cables. So it's worth switching the gasket.

--Andy