Re: Heritage Remanufactured Sun Visors

To: "Gary & Priscilla Klein" <gklein@toad.net>, "TR Newsgroup" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Heritage Remanufactured Sun Visors
From: Canada <canada@voyageronline.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 99 21:39:09 -0700
Gary--

I bought mine from TRF, had the same problem and was advised that the
metal tubes inside the visors need to be compressed onto both bars.  I
assembled each visor loosely and held them in place, then marked the bars
to determine where the visors should fit so that they will clear the
mirror, etc when folded.  Then I put the visors in a vise lined with
thick towels to protect the vinyl, inserted the bars, lined up the marks
and compressed (crushed) the visors onto the bars.  If you decide to do
it this way, make sure everything is aligned perfectly because the
procedure is hard to undo.  Also, only apply enough pressure to make the
bars fit snugly--a very subjective word.  There may be other, better ways
to do this, but mine work perfectly now and the compression marks in the
vinyl are completely gone.

Good luck.

Ian 57345U