Thanks & info on Performance bushing material

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Thanks & info on Performance bushing material
From: "Amatruda, Andy" <aamatruda@email.mc.ti.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:25:54 -0400
Thanks to all who gave me advice on my sputtering problem. Changed the fuel
filter and filled the tank with premium.  I thought the exhaust valve(s)
were sticking at high temps but since the change I can't recreate the
problem.  That's OK by me.

I've seen the threads on replacing the rubber bushings with urethane or
"nylatron" and heard stories of squeals & wear.  This is a material I
haven't tried but a friend of mine is using for his Corvette rebuild.  It
doesn't appear that they serve Triumphs but perhaps the shops that do offer
urethane now will offer this in the future.

http://www.p-s-t.com/fekpgimp.html

Andy Amatruda

1967 TR4A