Re: Speaking of Thanks...

To: "Michael Ferguson" <fergie@ntplx.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of Thanks...
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:33:09 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>

----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Ferguson <fergie@ntplx.net>
To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 6:30 PM
Subject: Speaking of Thanks...

> It just occurred to me that I neglected to thank all of you who replied to
> my question about heating a Connecticut garage this winter. The general
> opinion seems to be that I should insulate first and then worry about the
> heat. Kerosene was suggested, also natural gas - even a small whole-house
> furnace and perhaps a wood stove. Condensation seemed to be a major
concern
> of several of you. I cannot heat the garage 24x7, so I guess I'll take my
> chances. Leaning towards a woodstove, simply because I HAVE one - and
> because wood smoke smells so much better than gasoline (ok, so the car
leaks
> a little!). Or...maybe I'll just buy insulated overalls! Thanks,
everyone...

> Michael Ferguson

Mike: (and listers)
Well, the roofers we able to get going on removing the chimney last week. I
now have a unusable woodstove taking up space in the family room. I was
going to sell the stove, but I'd like to get rid of it ASAP! So, if you (or
anyone else on the list) is interested, it's free to anyone who wants it.
The catch is, I'll need help me move it out of the house. It's a Pilsbury
Stove works
airtight model that'll take a 27" log. In my younger days (as in stacking 2
cords of wood had no effect on my back) I used it to keep our 3 bdr. toasty
all winter. A workshop should be no problem for this woodstove. I'm in
Warwick, RI. The stove willl fit in a pick-up or SUV ( For moving it , not
for heating the truck!)