RE: speedo and tach correlation

To: <HarvoC@aol.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: speedo and tach correlation
From: "Jim Altman" <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 20:30:23 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
3k RPM should be 60 mph with correct size tires. 205/70 tires will be an
actual speed of about 62.  3500 RPM is about 70 mph, which is safe for your
engine but may or may not be for your driving record.  This summer I drove
out west from Atlanta and did 75-80 mph (3500-4000 rpm) the whole time (5000
miles). No problem with car. One speeding ticket in Illinois, nice cop,
placed on 'supervision', resulting in dismissal if no more speeding tickets
before October 21st. Hmmm, only a couple more weeks to go.

After 1 week with OD, I sure wish I had it on the trip.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L(O)  W4UCK