Re: need GT6 spring dimensions

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: need GT6 spring dimensions
From: Barry Schwartz <bschwart@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 09:59:02 -0700
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
>Can some kind soul furnish me with the dimensions and (especially!) the
spring
>rate of the transverse spring on the late GT6 Mk3's (KF20000 & up)?
>
>I need same to get a composite replacement made, and the spring on my car is
>just too 'tired' to use as a template.
Don't have the info handy but it's the same part number as the Spitfire's
swing spring so specs would be the same.  The problem with making a
composite to replace this type of spring, is you WILL loose all benefiters
of this design, (increasing the likely hood for a dangerous tuck under
condition under hard cornering, necessitating the addition of the a camber
compensator to prevent this) unless you make it work the same way - which
would be impossible, as I see it, with a one piece composite spring-

72 PI, V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
70 GT6+ (when I don't drive the Spit)
70 Spitfire (long term project)