RE: electric tach question

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: electric tach question
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 16:03:19 -0600 charset="iso-8859-1"

That's what I had figured out. But...

> However, depending on your DMM, you may get multiple
> counts per spark (the waveform on the coil is messy),
> which should be pretty obvious (reading 2 or 3 times what
> you expect).

My readings were pretty much equal to the tach reading (except that the DMM
was showing "sparks" per *second* and the tach revs per minute). ie. At
idle, the tach shows ~800 and the DMM shows approximately 800 Hz. That's why
I was puzzled by the DMM readings.

Is it possible I just have the right set of circumstances whereby my tach
and DMM "agree".

Note: I think my tach is reasonably accurate.

--- Peter Zaborski  CF58310UO ---