Re: prop shaft balancing

To: sujit roy <sujitroy@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: prop shaft balancing
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 1999 18:03:46 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
sujit roy wrote:

> I've been advised to have my prop. shaft re-balanced on my Stag.  Does
> anyone know of a good place to have this done in San Jose, CA?
>
> Sujit

If you have the shaft in hand, then check the yellow pages under
"drivetrain" -- there may be a specialty shop in your area.  These shops
typically work on drivetrain components for trucks (there's a lot of
business there), but they also do cars.  The shop in my area (Wash.
D.C.) does a great job on TR shafts; they're cheap, fast, and they even
paint the damn thing.  Phenomenally easier than DIY.

If you're having a shop do the work, they'll probably just take out the
shaft and send it the aforementioned place in your area, especially if
the joints are being renewed.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6