RE: explain vapor lock

To: "'Tom Parker'" <parkert@ihug.co.nz>, "'Roy'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: explain vapor lock
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 1999 19:49:53 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on pike.sover.net)who from arc3a31.bf.sover.net [209.198.81.95] 209.198.81.95Tue, 5 Oct 1999 20:13:06 -0400 (EDT)

Being the one who started this thread asking for a description of vapor
lock... I'm only theorizing.

>From the various descriptions I've gotten I'd guess that gas is vaporizing
in my fuel line after the pump where the line rises to the carb, past the
tubular exhaust header, or in the float bowl. As the gas expands, it takes
up the space where denser liquid fuel would normally be. Hence a very lean
air/fuel mixture entering the intake manifold. Fuel starvation.

Heat shielding is the weekend project. Oh.. and the Westminster, VT show on
Columbus Day. Supposed to be near 65 and partly cloudy... no talk of rain.

Thanks for all the replies about vapor lock! Sounds like it has a lot of
"permutations".

Winnie (Win)
'79 Spit
'72 TR6