RE: Westminster VT show

To: "'Laura Gharazeddine'" <Laura.G@141.com>
Subject: RE: Westminster VT show
From: "Winnie Olmer" <who@sover.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:32:29 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'List - Team.net Spitfire'" <spitfires@autox.team.net>, "'List - Team.net Triumphs'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Comments: SoVerNet Verification (on garnet.sover.net)who from arc4a101.bf.sover.net [209.198.82.231] 209.198.82.231Mon, 11 Oct 1999 06:35:00 -0400 (EDT)

> Newt week-Highland Games at Lake Prado in Chino-hope it's
> only 80 instead of
> 90+!
>
> Laura G.

Just to share a non-LBC story that you might find funny. Our family was on a
trip to Maine and we stopped at the huge tourist welcome center on the main
highway into the state. My wife was looking at the events chart and saw that
they were having a version of The Highland Games. She started rattling off
the events when she mentioned "sheep throwing" ( baaahhh!!!). Well sometimes
my ears get plugged driving with the windows wide open and that's what I
heard. My family uses the comment "sheep throwing" whenever I dont hear
something correctly. Just in case your not familiar with the highland
games... they toss telephone pole size logs through the air as one of the
contests. The image of large burly men in plaid skirts tossing sheep throw
the air... well... I find that pretty humorous. Have fun at the games... and
watch out for sheep dropping from the sky.

Winnie