Re: Ramps

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ramps
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 09:49:27 -0700
Sumner Weisman wrote:

> I've been thinking of trying a set of ramps with the TR3...

Though the 3 is low it seems that most of what I want to do under it (gearbox
drain, parking brake cable, etc) doesn't really require me to get all the way
under the car, just far enough to reach the part and see what I'm doing.  The
last time I had to really get under there was for the exhaust system and
hopefully that will never be needed again.

For most quick work under the car I find that  a simple pair of 2-step ramps
made out of 2x6's raises it far enough (3").  I have a third, short, 2x6 that
can take it up another 1.5" if need be.

If I need additional space under there then it probably is more than just a
quick adjustment and worth setting up the jackstands... which will give all the
lift you need.  Just my 2¢.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A