Re: Header, welding, lack thereof question

To: Beth and Ken <BethKen@erols.com>
Subject: Re: Header, welding, lack thereof question
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 18:55:04 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 11 Oct 1999, Beth and Ken wrote:

> #1. Cut the system somewhere (where?), remove and reweld that junction?

I would cut it somewhere convenient (ie, with lots of room to swing a
wrench / saw), and then weld on a flared compression fitting.  Then bolt
it back together.

> #2. Fill the seams with that canned gunk for exhaust mends?

Nope.  This stuff makes a mess and usually lasts about 2 days before you
blast it out.

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm