Re: Nasty rear clunk and rear TR6 shock question

To: Jim Altman <jaltman@altlaw.com>
Subject: Re: Nasty rear clunk and rear TR6 shock question
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 22:02:03 -0400
Cc: "'triumphs@autox. team. net' (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Jim,
        At first I thought you had made a simple error striking the "f" key in
place of the "d" key. They are adjacent after all. But then I noticed
the consistency in spelling throughout your message. So what's up with
"fluif".
        I'd remove the shock, pump the liquid out and replace it with
motorcycle fork oil. Put the shock in a vice and pump all the air
bubbles out.
Replace the shock attachment bolts with bolts long enough to attach a
lock washer and nut. Torque to 50-65 lbf.ft.
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA
CF38690UO
CF37325U