Re: TR250 Overheating Problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR250 Overheating Problem
From: Brian Borgstede <borgstede@umsl.edu>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 09:37:29 -0500
Pouya,
Not to gloat, but both my 250 run in the 50% range and stay there.
I don't even have the radiator shrouds in place.  I do have 160 degree
thermostats.  If you do have wrong gasket or plug in your water passage,
I'm afraid that part of the engine would run hotter than the rest, even if you
do bring down the temp.  That could spell real trouble.
I think I would start with cleaning out the radiator.
You can take it out in the yard and use a garden hose to run water through
it (both ways).  There is no reason the car should run hot under normal
conditions.
Electric fans and fancy duct work is nice but should not be needed.

PS.  Keep Dogs, kids, and other critters away from the antifreeze.

          NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS:    borgstede@umsl.edu

Brian Borgstede                 I
Telecommunications Engineer,                 I  '68 Triumph
University of Missouri, St. Louis       I
Instructional Technology Center I          TR-250
Phone:  (314) 516-6433          I       (or 2 or more)
Fax:  (314) 516-5294            I