Re: VERY Unhappy Spit

To: moag@ix.netcom.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VERY Unhappy Spit
From: Chip19474@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 19:30:59 EDT
In a message dated 99-10-12 11:47:18 EDT, moag@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Turn the key and smoke pours out everywhere. I threw the disconnect as soon
 as I could get to it, but I've got melted wires running around in lots of
 areas now. Too depressed about it to even look any closer at what I'm going
 to have to do. >>

Dave,

Don't despair.....

Been there for a different reason (head cracked one week after I buttoned up
from replacing the head gasket on an ailing MGB years ago)....best thing to
do - walk away from it from a few days - then start with the obviously burnt
wiring and begin to replace it AND any wiring that looks brittle - take a
close look at the ign switch for contact/terminal deterioration - check the
fuse box for contact tightness, correct fuse size (amperage) and  wear -
before you turn the key again, recheck all grounds - you'll be back on the
road in no time.

Chip Krout
'76 TR6 CF57822U (Being Reborn For Y2K)
'70 Spitfire Mk3  FDU78512L