TR6 Questions

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Questions
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 08:51:14 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"

I bought my first Triumph on Saturday, a 1971 TR6.  I previously owned a
1970 MGB and currently own a 1974 Midget.  I decided I was ready for a
change (with a little more power).  I have ordered the workshop manual for
my TR6, but it won't be in for a few more days.  I have gotten a lot of info
from the VTR site and a couple other sites, but I still have a couple
questions:
1.      My car is in parts in preparation for painting.  A lot of the wiring
under the dash is disconnected (don't know why).  Does the Robert Bentley
manual have the schematics for the car?  If not, where are they available?
2.      My car has "overriders" for the bumpers.  These are round pipes that
bolt
to the top of the front and rear bumpers and appear (the bumpers and
overriders aren't installed) to run the full length of the bumpers.  None of
the cars I've looked at on the web have anything similar.  Were these a
stock item or an after market add-on?  The bumpers have been drilled for
mounting the overriders.  The overriders are chrome, but appear to have been
painted black at some time.  About half the black paint is peeled off.  Are
they supposed to be chrome or black?

I don't plan on restoring the car to show quality, I just want a good
looking daily driver.

I appreciate your assistance.

Thanks

Ken