RE: rear seat belts (US specific)

To: Day.John@fin.gc.ca, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: rear seat belts (US specific)
From: "" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:50:58 PDT

I sometimes wonder if being thrown from the vehicle is one's best bet,
especially with the amount of protection offered in a rollover, and what lap
belts can do to one's midsection!

    I believe being belted in is more preferrable than being ejected
    from the car (regardless of the make or model) through the
    windshield... Most deaths in vehicles come from the victim's head
    smacking things like dashboards and windshields. Generally, these
    accidents happen at relatively low speeds.

    Look at your dashboard. In 1958 there wasn't a whole lot of
    cushioning used... Picture you head impacting it and a few of
    those nice plastic knobs at, say 35 mph...

    I work for a hospital as a photographer... I've seen the results
    of such trauma both from the exterior and the interior...

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)