Re: rear seat belts (US specific)

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: rear seat belts (US specific)
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 19:22:12 -0700
greenman62@hotmail.com wrote:

>     Look at your dashboard. In 1958 there wasn't a whole lot of
>     cushioning used... Picture you head impacting it and a few of
>     those nice plastic knobs at, say 35 mph...

I get the picture & always use the belt though that rigid steering column also
evokes ugly thoughts.  I did have remove the TR3 passenger side "grab bar" as
this looked like a nasty head-smacker for the co-pilot.  If I'm driving so fast
that the passenger needs something to hold onto then it's time to slow down or
at least offer to let her get out.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A