RE: repo ball joints and tie rd ends tr3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: repo ball joints and tie rd ends tr3
From: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 15:58:55 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Richard :

There was quite a rash of bad rubber a few years ago.  The most common
complaint was that the rubber sealing rings around the trunnions would split
almost immediately, but I've also had trouble with other rubber parts,
including ball joint and tie rod end boots.

The replacements I bought from TRF earlier this year seem to be holding up
well.  My guess would be that the other distributors have also fixed the
problem, but there might still be some bad rubber on a shelf somewhere ...

I don't think poor rubber quality was reflected in poor joint quality
(ultimately, they have to be made by different people in different places),
but I can't prove it.

Randall
59 TR3A daily driver