RE: repo ball joints and tie rd ends tr3

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: repo ball joints and tie rd ends tr3
From: Gernot von Hoegen <avac@totalise.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:57:13 +0100
>===== Original Message From "richard  white" <rhamm@peachnet.campuscwix.net>
=====
>Several years ago I purchased new suspension parts for the front end of my
>project.  About a year ago I put everything back on the bare frame.  This
>past week I put the engine and trans on the frame, and I noticed that all of
>the boots on the tie rod ends and ball joints were split and disintegrating.
>Has anyone else had this problem?
>Is there a source of good replacement boots?
>Should I be worried about the quality of the ends and joints themselves?
>TIA
>Richard White
>Tr3a

I noticed that with parts (the same parts) from other suppliers for other
applicatins as well. I think it might be just a function of the rubber having
aged. I used similar parts without problems on road cars.

  Sachverständige für das Kraftfahrzeugwesen
             Rütscher Str.22
               52072 Aachen
                 Germany
Tel. (0044) 0241/159406 Fax (0044) 0241/159972
        Mobil (0044) 0171/5283280
Website http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Garage/1048