Re: clutch clue

To: padraic mullin <paddyfm@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: clutch clue
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 03:22:05 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
If there is no grinding etc. I would check the selection
mechanism.  I have a TR2000 gearbox, it had similar
problems, so I fitted the gear lever part of a TR4 gearbox,
complete with through bolt.   It sorted the problem very
well.  You will have to remove the
top cover of the gearbox in order to do this, but when you
have it will be easy to check if the stiffness is caused by
the gearlever assembly.  Make sure the box is in neutral
when you remove the cover and when you replace it though !!!

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (Loughborough - UK)