Riding in my LBC

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Riding in my LBC
From: "Sumner Weisman" <sweisman@gis.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 16:05:15 -0400
Saturday, October 16, 1999

What a gorgeous, sunny fall day to take your best girl out for a long
country ride in an aging but willing LBC.  The air was warm and heavy with
the unique and memorable smell of autumn, and the sun shone through the
translucent leaves of gold, red, orange, and yellow.  Here in New England we
have our maple trees, which exhibit the most amazing brilliant reds and
yellows -- that people travel thousands of miles to see.

We stopped at church fairs, apple orchards, and yard sales, and unhurriedly
meandered through the golden countryside for many miles.  I'm sure you know
this feeling: that once you get behind the wheel you just hate to stop, and
will find any excuse to keep driving a bit longer.  That's what we did,
until I couldn't find any more excuses.

We got the "thumbs-up" from an eclectic collection of vehicles that we
passed, including two Model "A"s, an MGB, a TR7, and even a P1800.   All of
these fellow drivers felt the same as I did, "One more good drive before the
weather gets rotten!"

(-: Sumner Weisman :-)
1962 old but happy TR3B