1966 Triumph 2000 Estate

To: <eroticity@webtv.net>
Subject: 1966 Triumph 2000 Estate
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 17:44:35 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "2000- Register" <2000-Register@autox.team.net>, "Triumphs List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Hello Triumph lovers,
         (Please excuse me if a posting similar to this was
posted by me in the last couple days, but I have not seen
it, as I tried to post before I was fully signed up for the
list, and I do not think it posted).
         I recently acquired a 1966 Triumph 2000 Estate.
Right hand drive of course, and as I understand it, none
were made for export to the USA.. The car runs good, and
appears to be complete, original and drivable. With out a
doubt restorable. The odometer  reads 45,000, for what that
is worth. However it is not the Triumph I ultimately want to
end up with, and plan on selling it as a means to help get
to the one I am looking for. I  also felt a need to rescue
it from an uncertain fate.
          Will anyone be willing to help me figure out just
what this car is really worth, as I think only about
7,000 were made up to about 1969? Just how collectable is
it? Please forgive me if my facts are not quite accurate.
Also, what would be the best classifieds on the NET to offer
it?
           I would be most grateful for any advice and
opinions and information of any kind.   Thank-you very much!

David Comparetto
N. Yarmouth, Maine 04097

David
What you have is, as far as the US is concerned, an
extremely rare car. Its rarity is compounded because of it
being right hand steer. Probably an import either from the
UK or it was on its way to Australia or NZ - and got left
behind? The 2000 range was withdrawn from North American
sale in 1967/68 and Estates were always made in far smaller
number than saloons. What many do know, is that the Estate
started life as a saloon and was modified in Coventry by the
same firm that builds London taxis - firm called Car Bodies.
If you have a pic or two of it, could you mail me off-list.
Maybe you don't want it but the UK based Triumph 2000
Register does have some members in the US though I'm not
sure how many are emailable. If you're desperate to get rid
of it then I could arrange for it to be advertised in the
club magazine SIXappeal and this WILL reach US members. Can
you let me have the chassis number please?

John Macartney
Triumph 2000 2500 2.5 Register