Re: "Lucas" beehive lamps

To: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Subject: Re: "Lucas" beehive lamps
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 1999 23:14:53 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Sun, 17 Oct 1999, Andrew Mace wrote:

> Granted it would have cost you more, but you can still buy genuine L594
> amber glass lenses at around $9-10 (US) each, Lucas p/n 576108.

Quite a bit more, actually-- $9 US ~= $14 CDN, + shipping ($2?) - $16 per
lens; that's $32 for two lenses!  I paid $3.41, after tax, for 2 plastic
made-in-Taiwan ones, which are pretty robust, considering I kept dropping
them whilst machining the outer diameter down to size :-)

...Although I still have the (clear) Lucas lenses, and will hang onto them
just-in-case.  Originality is no concern here, either- I would rather be
seen turning.  (My cousin just totaled her car in a didn't-see-the-signal
type incident)

-Malcolm
* There is a FAQ for this list!  Its new home is:
http://www.islandnet.com/~walker05/triumph/trfaq.htm