Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest: A new world?

To: Mark Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Subject: Re: triumphs@autox.team.net digest: A new world?
From: Odd Hedberg <odd@triumphclub.se>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:54:15 +0200
Cc: 1-Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Friends in general, and Mark in particular,
my letter on Card Charge is written and signed on my desk already.
I thought of adding a bottle of nice Scandinavian beer, but then
again Your Customs might disagree on that, or?  Please advise...

This is a great way of solving the International contributions
hassle. And the money goes unobstructed by greedy bank systems
into Marks account this way. Let's hope his vision for the future
will eventually be a reality for us all. I urge all International
subscribers to these lists to make it up to Mark with a Card Charge
contribution. And this ought to be an annual ritual to send him
a contribution from everyone on any of the lists... He is worth
every Euro/Pound/Dollar/Mark/Krona/cent/penny/ore, or whatever,
[In US Dollars!] he gets!

Mark J Bradakis wrote on the subject of:
> A new world?  [Long, but important.]
snip
> ***  What I request of you:
>  -  Contribute money.  You *knew* this was coming, didn't you?

Sure we did.
Personally I'm amazed it took so long since the last time. In a
more and more commercialized world it's strange [and probably
unique] we can keep this flow of free information coming. I for
one would be really lost if it disappeared; I must learn to say:
"I'm a List-o-holic and need my daily fix of Triumphs Digest
or I will certainly die... And accept the fact..."

> Send a check, made payable to Fat Chance Garage, to this address:
>     Fat Chance Garage
>     PO Box 58333
>     Salt Lake City, Utah 84158
> Simple,

Well, as Mark points out it's not that simple:

> Also, for those many list folks who are not in the US of A, don't
> worry about it. Usually, a check from out of the country costs me
> more in service charges, currency conversion and hassle than it
> is worth.

But then in his mail five hour later he makes it quite easy for us
non americans:

> Geez,---. After sending out my email plea for subscriber contribu-
> tions, I head off to my shop, and make a quick stop at the Post
> Office. One of the letters I drop off contains the various bits
> of paper needed to credit my account for some parts sales through
> The Fat Chance Garage, paid by credit card.
> Why didn't I think of this before I sent my first message?

Sorry Mark, I can't answer that question - but it sure untied the
Gordian knot for us foreigners...

> Anyway, if you wish to contribute,

Sure, we want to!

> and for reasons of geography or whatever a check in US Dollars
> is a hassle, you can use your Visa or MasterCard to, as they say,
> charge it. Instead of sending me a check, you could send me a piece
> of paper with your name, signature, Visa/MasterCard number and the
> expiry date on it.

You're a modern day Alexander the Great!

> I suggest you do NOT email this information. Again, send it to:
> Fat Chance Garage
> PO Box 58333
> Salt Lake City, Utah  84158
> U S A
>
> Also, as a quick reminder, if you do send in a contribution, in
> whatever form, if you include your email address I will acknowledge
> reciept.

Thanks.
My contribution is coming, rest assured.
Yours
/Odd
--
Odd Hedberg
Pomonagatan 4           International liaison secretary,