More Questions on Painting a Bdoy Shell

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More Questions on Painting a Bdoy Shell
From: "Hansen, Hans C, III (Red), GLSVC" <rhansen@att.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 07:39:02 -0400charset="ISO-8859-1"
Harry --
Do NOT fill in the seams between the various shell parts
I looked at a '69 TR6 for sale here in Connecticut two weeks ago. The paint
was smooth all over the car. In other words, I couldn't tell where the
fenders ended and the body panels began. Nor could I tell where the rear
panel edges were. The DPPO had sealed the seams between all these parts and
then painted over it. The current owner - nice guy, but not a car guy -
thought the metal had cracks in it because every time he closed either of
his doors, he would see a crack in the top of the rear fenders open up.
Obviously, this was the paint cracking; he had no structural problems.
To be honest, I must also add that this paint job was a home-made effort and
was done 10-12 years ago. Other than the seam treatment, it looked pretty
good; sloppy, but nice.
Good Luck,
Red Hansen
'74 TR6 CF13994