Quality of Rubber Boots -tierods

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Quality of Rubber Boots -tierods
From: CarlSereda@aol.com
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 15:39:10 EDT

Richard
I would like to know where you bought those rubber boots several years ago
that are now dissintegrating when they havent even been on the car yet! I
need to replace my 35 year old boots that held up a lot better than that, and
will be very dissappointed if the new ones I buy can't last at least 15 years!
Carl
'64 TR4 since '74

<<Several years ago I purchased new suspension parts for the front end of my

project.  About a year ago I put everything back on the bare frame.  This

past week I put the engine and trans on the frame, and I noticed that all of

the boots on the tie rod ends and ball joints were split and disintegrating.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Is there a source of good replacement boots?

Should I be worried about the quality of the ends and joints themselves?

TIA

Richard White

Tr3a>>