RE: Quality of Rubber Boots -tierods

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, "'Creigtrium@aol.com'" <Creigtrium@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Quality of Rubber Boots -tierods
From: "Amatruda, Andy" <aamatruda@email.mc.ti.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:30:44 -0400
The rubber boots I installed on my half shafts that cracked in 3 years (2 of
them idle) were from TRF.  They were repro's with a part number molded in
and a small "Korea" tag stuck to them.  I got a replacement set; same thing.
I haven't put them on the car yet for fear of a lot of work for a short
lived fix.  These boots were relatively thin and had that glossy latex look
rather than the matte surface on many automotive rubbers.  I haven't checked
Rimmer for these boots, but I will now.

Andy Amatruda
1967 TR4A