Re: Quality of Rubber Boots -tierods

To: CarlSereda@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Quality of Rubber Boots -tierods
From: Creigtrium@aol.com
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:14:58 EDT
List,

I must have gotten some boots from the same manufacturer.  I bought mine for
my TR6 a little over a year ago.  Last month I noticed they were broken.
The bad part is, I do not remember who I bought them from.

I recently bought a new pair to replace the broken ones.  The new pair I
bought from Rimmer Bros. in England.  These boots definately look different
then the ones that fell apart in less than a year.  The new ones have a matt
finish like a rubber tire.  The ones that fell apart had a shiney finish like
latex rubber.  (They had the look of the diaphram rubber used in the
carburetors.)  Bottom line, if you put on some shiney boots in the last year
or two, you better check them.  They may be falling apart.

Creig Houghtaling
St. Louis, MO
74 TR6

In a message dated 10/18/99 5:16:38 PM Central Daylight Time,