Re: TR6 Hardtop glass

To: Frank & Carol Bandre <bandrece@accessus.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 Hardtop glass
From: Jim Davis <jh_davis@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 01:07:02 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Frank,
        I placed the glass in the rubber seal after running a bead of sealant
(purchased at an auto glass shop) in the gasket. Then I ran a piece of
string around the gasket in the outside channel and pressed the glass /
gasket against the top. When the string is pulled out of the gasket
toward the inside, it pulls the lip of the gasket over the metal flange
of the window opening. Use the sealant sparingly as it is messy and
difficult to clean up if it oozes out of the channels. The string
installation process is described in the Haynes manual I believe, and
works well. I did it without a helper, but assistance would have made
the job easier.
Hope this helps,
Jim Davis
Fortson, GA