Tampa Car Show/ redlines...

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tampa Car Show/ redlines...
From: "Jay Snavely" <jays@paonline.com>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 20:54:15 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Been off the list for awhile.  Took a trip to Florida which just happened to
include a show at Tampa last Saturday hosted by the Tampa area Austin Healey
club.  The show lucked out and was spared by hurricane Irene.  The weather
was cloudy , breezy, and there was a stray shower,  but in the mid 80's,
which is great for October for us yankees.  It was an all British show.
There was a good showing of Triumphs, including a TR5.  Maybe someone else
can provide more statistics.

There were about 10 TR6's there, which were of primary interest to me.  One
had redline tires on.  They did not have any sidewall lettering/data.  I
asked the owner where he had gotten them.  He said they were from a company
called Diamond Back which is in the Carolinas.  He said they were retread
Michelins.  Does anyone have more information on this company, or experience
with them?

There was also a TR6 with a chromed brake servo cover.  I have not seen this
in any catalogs.  I suspect the owner had it chromed.  It looked nice, and
eliminates a chronic rust area.  Does anyone know of a source for this part?

Thanks for any info

Jay
74 TR6