Re: Triumph Radio for sale.

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Triumph Radio for sale.
From: "D. Michael Scott" <dms@snip.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 1999 11:50:05 -0400
Cc: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Finding an old vintage car radio is fun, but without the knobs is not so
great.  If you check out the Practical Classics September '99 issue on page
92, you will find an article, "Sounds of time." It offers a good review of
period radios, buying/restoring etc...  It indicates that there is little
problem restoring or modifying the internal radio parts, but the big problem
is when external pieces and knobs are missing! Under buying tips,
"Completeness is the key word. It is much more important that a radio is
complete than working. Innards are easy to replace, but sets with missing or
broken knobs and buttons are not worth bothering with at any price."  Of
course, I'm sure you could find some knobs to fit.

On a different track, I thought that a lot of the Triumph labeled radios
were made in the USA and put in by the dealer in the USA? Just wondering
about what is the best correct radio for a '75 TR6? Or maybe insert a 60's
style Brit radio with short wave for throwback character??  D. Michael