Pertronix Ignitor problem

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Pertronix Ignitor problem
From: "Theodore R. Stevens" <stevens@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:35:29 -0400
I've read a couple reports of Pertronix Ignitor failures.  Well, it
happened to me.
I put the unit on last fall. No problems until Saturday night, when it
failed on a busy toll road. I was suddenly running on one or two cylinders.
 Luckily, I was able to pull over to the shoulder safely.  Tried swapping
coil, distributor cap and rotor first, to no avail.  Finally pulled out the
Pertronix unit, at which time the little "collar" part that goes over the
distributor cam fell apart, leaving me with a pile of 6 tiny magnets.

I replaced the points (after "borrowing" a needed machine screw from the
fuse box mointing), set the gap and was underway. Glad I kept the points
and condenser in the glove box!

So, has anyone had any luck with waranty service from Pertronix?  I have no
receipt.
---
Ted Stevens     stevens@erols.com
74 TR6          Gaithersburg, MD