Re: Weber Carb Question

To: Chris Lillja <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>
Subject: Re: Weber Carb Question
From: Don Kerr <dkveuro@pop.flash.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 10:05:02 -0500
Cc: Patrick Barber <patbarber@home.com>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Chris Lillja wrote:

> Patrick,
>
> I'm no Weber maven, but I'd bet that it's the transition fuel ports. These
> IMHO - Don't listen to the guys who say that a 1500 is too small for Webers,
> there's plenty of ALFA 1300's out there running just fine on DCOE 40's. Just
> get the right chokes...and everything else. Use the chart in any of the
> Weber books.
>
> Good Luck!
>
> Chris Lillja
> '66 TR4A
> '74 Norton Commando 850
> '71 Spit MKIV
> http://members.aol.com/lilljaweb/index.html
WELL,IN MY HUMBLE OPINION sunshine,I dont remember saying the carbs were
too BIG! I intonated that they were overkill on that car.Fer your
information the Alfa carbs were to allow them to support racing models
under the rules prevelent at that time.I also ran,tuned ,repaired those
screammers too.
                DK