Re: Panasports/GT6?

To: Douglas Frank <frank@zk3.dec.com>
Subject: Re: Panasports/GT6?
From: Martin Secrest <msecrest@erols.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 16:24:24 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Douglas Frank wrote:

> Who else makes wheels with the 3 3/4 inch bolt pattern?  Anyone been
> able to find a 14" wheel?  How wide a tire can I stuff under a GT6?
>
> tia!
> --
> Douglas Frank  Compaq Computer Corp.
> ZKO            110 Spit Brook Rd.
> DTN 264-0501   Nashua, NH  USA  03062

Well, let's see -- American Racing makes a mag that has the correct bolt
pattern, as does an outfit called Kaizer.  The Kaizer wheels are very light,
and cost about $140 each, I believe. If you want to know more about the
Kaizers, try Chris Kantarjiev's website (www.dimebank.com).

Or, if you can locate some TR7 wheels,
they also fit the Spit/GT6, and are 5.5" wide, allowing you to fit Yokohama
509's, (185/60-R13), which put 6" of tire on the road, with a profile low
enough to clear a GT6 or Spit with no body banging.  I have a set of TR7 wheels
with
said Yokohamas, but since the tires don't wear well, I don't use them all that
much.  (I'm also looking for lighter-than-steel wheels.)  But the slotted TR7
wheels are not hard to find used, and are usually cheap; I got mine for $100,
which is probably what I'd sell them for too one day.

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6