Re: Panasports/GT6?

To: "Triumph List" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Panasports/GT6?
From: "Andrew R. Lindberg" <andylindberg@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 12:09:18 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
> Who else makes wheels with the 3 3/4 inch bolt pattern?  Anyone been
> able to find a 14" wheel?  How wide a tire can I stuff under a GT6?

The Triumph Sports Six Club (of England) lists a 6"x14" wheel in their 1999
catalogue.  TSSC says that the wheels "have Triumph offsets to ensure a
perfect fit on all club cars."  By club cars, they mean Spitfires, GT6s,
Heralds, Vitesses, etc.  The manufacturer or wheel is listed as being an
"MX" whatever that is.  They look like Minilites or Panasports.  Maybe some
of our English correspondents have more info on them.  The price is 345
pounds for four wheels.  I don't know what the shipping charge would be to
the US but I suspect it could be substantial.  I'd guess that a 185/60 tire
would be appropriate on this rim (following the plus 1 rule), but it might
be pretty tight in the wheel wells.

-- Andy Lindberg (GT6 in Minnesota)