MALLORY DISTRIBUTER TIMING continued

To: "Randall Young" <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Subject: MALLORY DISTRIBUTER TIMING continued
From: nick glase <jng2@cornell.edu>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 09:58:32 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
>Nick :
>
>Normally, there is a way to rotate the distributor body in the engine block,
>with some sort of clamp to hold it in any position.
>
>Randall

Randall,
        Thanks, there is a clamp which will allow me to fine tune. Is there
a general rule of where (which cylinder) and when (what exact part of the
combustion cycle) I should align the rotor to fire? I think my engine's
firing order is 1,3,4,2 does that mean that the no. 1 cylinder is the first
to be ignited after the engine leaves TDC? Thanks again.

Nick Glase

79 Spitfire