TR4A Manifold

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR4A Manifold
From: "Adrian Dix-Dyer" <dixie4@wales.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 05:24:18 +0100charset="iso-8859-1"
To the list,

I am hoping that someone may be able to assist me in identifying an
aftermarket exhaust manifold (header in USA?) fitted to my TR4A so that I
can purchase an intermediate pipe to mate to the standard system. Mine was
missing when vehicle was purchased.

The TR4A is a 1966 beam axle type commission no. CT64306.

It spent the first 20 years of it's life in the Knoxville area of Tennessee.
(I assume that is where the manifold was fitted prior to 1986) I have had no
luck contacting previous owners.

The manifold is of tubular manufacture four pipes into one. It looks as
though it was originally chrome, nickel or similar plated. The main
difference in comparison, to others that I have seen, is that at the first
joint to the exhaust has a three bolt flange of standard size (the standard
down pipe gasket fits) All the ones I have seen in catalogues are slide fit.
This first joint is almost in line with where the engine and gearbox join.
Can anyone identify the possible manufacturer from this basic info?

Any help on the matter would be appreciated.

Dixie