Re: what's up with my steering?

To: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: what's up with my steering?
From: Geo Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 18:03:23 -0700
Douglas Frank wrote:

> Somthing's wrong with my GT6's steering....  Seems to require constant
> corrections... Also seems overly sensitive to the crown of the road.... What
> should I look at?  caster?  shot bushings, or worn rack? or...?

First thing I'd check is toe-in.  Toe-out can cause the condition you
describe....
also toe-in is the easier portion of the geometry to check/adjust and the most
likely to go out of whack.  A search of the archives should reveal several
methods
(string, spirit levels, plumb-bobs, yardsticks, etc.)

Oh yeah, first be sure you have correct pressure in the tires... unequal
pressure
in the front tires can also cause wandering.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A