Re: What did I do...elec. prob. w/gauges...MORON !!!

To: "Beth and Ken" <BethKen@erols.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What did I do...elec. prob. w/gauges...MORON !!!
From: "Paul J. Burr" <tigerpb@ids.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Oct 1999 20:23:25 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"

----- Original Message -----
From: Beth and Ken <BethKen@erols.com>

, something zapped on the fuel gauge, and a
> small puff of smoke arose. The fuel gauge AND the temp. gauge are now
outta
> commision. The fuses seem fine. Where do I go for correction?
>
> ken shapiro

Ken: sounds like you zapped the official Lucas 10 volt supply to these 2
gauges. It looks like a tiny rectangular tin can, with 2 wires plugged into
it. your gas and temp gauges are actually powered by 10 volts. Guess the
Lucas engineers had a hared time dividing by 12 when they designed those 2
gauges!