Re: TR4 - Different Seats, Seat Belts, etc...

To: Dinh Bowman <bowdinh@u.washington.edu>
Subject: Re: TR4 - Different Seats, Seat Belts, etc...
From: Brian Johnson <b.johnson@diamond.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 20:04:38 +0000
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Dinh

I have a TR4 and had a similar problem.    I put in some
Corbeau race/rally seats, and with them a three point
harness seat belt.     The fixture for the rear of the seat
belt
is an inertia unit, unfortunately they don't work too well
as inertias because of the way they are mounted, which is
actually under the fuel tank, but the seats are comfortable,
they hold me in when cornering, and the belts are good and
when I brake hard they don't make me try to turn because
they are across both of my shoulders.
I didn't have any TR4 seat sliders, so I bought some from
the seat supplier.  hey did need some mods to make them fit,
but are easily modified by anyone with a welder and some
pieces of flat metal bar.
If you do fit anything similar, please make sure the seats
fit before you buy them, as not all seats are narrow enough.
Oh yes - because the seats have the headrest built in, I did
have a tonneau cover specially made.  It was effectively a
TR4 tonneau with pockets similar to the ones
on a TR6 tonneau.

I'm sure others will have similar answers, but let me know
if you need more info.

--
Cheers
Brian Johnson  (Loughborough - UK)