TR4 - Different Seats, Seat Belts, etc...

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 - Different Seats, Seat Belts, etc...
From: "Dinh Bowman" <bowdinh@u.washington.edu>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 10:56:40 -0800
Greetings All,

I have just recently purchased a TR4 and I would like to make a few safety
improvements on it.

One of the first things I would like to do is to change the seats (with no
headrests) to some more comfortable/safer seats w/ headrests. Has anyone
done this? Are there any suggestions on which seats to get etc...?

The seatbelts that came with this vehicle are also really bad. I would like
to get an Inertial seatbelt system that has both lap and shoulder straps.
Are there any suggestions on where I can purchase these and how I should
install them? (Can I attach it to my rollbar?)

Something that has caught my attention, is the placement and the manor of
using the emergency brake on this car. Has this ever posed a "problem" with
anyone (especially those who live near lots of hills...i.e. San Francisco )?
Is it possible to "move" the handbrake (i.e. replace the TR4 handbrake with
a TR6 handbrake)

The steering wheel seems to flex abit. What is everyone's suggestion on a
different steering wheel?

What does a person have to do to get their TR4 into racing condition??
Also, on the same note. Where does a "racer" go through for insurance?

Thank you kindly,

-Dinh Bowman-

P.S. I do not really care if it doesn't look stock anymore. Isn't that what
HotRoding is about?