Fred - glad to hear all worked out relatively well, and sorry to hear about
the loss of the car, even if it's a non-LBC.
Probably a good time to remind folks, on the off chance that there's even
one person out there in this situation: electrical fires have been know to
occur in 'stored' cars, as well. If your Triumph is under a tarp for the
winter, I would recommend disconnnecting the battery, or installing a cheap
battery cutoff switch.
Personally, I use my cutoff switch whenever I'm not driving my TR6 -
whether or not it's in my garage. Cheap insurance.