Re: Triumphs verse Wife

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Triumphs verse Wife
From: "Lonn and Rhonda" <hoops@owt.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 20:04:40 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Dear Bill,

I am the wife of a British car lover.  I suspect (no, I'm positive) that you
could do more...

How about 90 minutes of housework a day?
I'm sure you "spend more time with your children than anybody you know" -
except your wife.
Are you waking her up when you get out of bed in the morning?
Also, how much time are you spending on the computer talking about your car
(and wife)  in addition to the 90 minutes in the garage?
How much money do you make?  How much are you spending on your hobby???

I read a couple responses where thoughtful husbands suggested trying to even
out time on your hobbies and the other things that need to be done around
the house.  Those men are extremely intelligent.  The fellow who said that
marriage is 85 - 95% give (on both sides) is smart AND funny.  The golf
joker was offensive and should play a few rounds with Lorena Bobbitt.  As
for the genius who advised you to come home smelling of booze - well, let me
say, "NO."  I'm surprised he's married.

My husband loves his cars too.  (2 triumphs, mgb, land rover...)  I have
learned to tolerate the garage time and computer time, but don't ask me to
walk around at some car meet talking to other car lovers, acting interested.
You don't have to do everything together.  Let her sit in on the computer
while you fix dinner in the kitchen.  (That's what mine is doing right now.
He just brought me a refreshing beverage too.)  Put up Christmas lights when
she asks...  Play a card game with her now and then.  AND, instead of
writing about her on the list, go talk to her.  Which is what I am going to
do right now.

Good luck,
Rhonda