TR3 Split Steering Column

Subject: TR3 Split Steering Column
From: suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Feb 2000 07:03:25 -0500
Cc: "John Krause (home)" <jktr250@aol.com>
Well, I am just about ready to move into the engine bay as I continue
to dismantle my TR3 in preparation for removing the tub. A question
for the list is what is the best way to remove the steering column?

More specifically, I can find no reference to dismantling the split
column
for the steering in any of the manuals. It is as if this design is not
recognized?
The parts catalogs reference that the split column was designed to help
ease the assembly, which makes sense. Am I thinking too hard and it
it straight forward in that you just undo the clamps and remove the
upper
end backwards through the fire wall? Is there any precautions with or
special notes I should take for reassembly?

TIA for your guidance.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6